Friday, August 3, 2012

Time Flies!

I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since I've been in California! I have seen So many things; The City (SF) Twin peaks, the sutra baths, pier 39, Alcatraz, the redwoods, fog.... the list goes on...
"The City"
I am loving it here and the time is going by so fast. It's been a growing experience for me as well as buckets of fun. I have made some great friends, learned a few things about relationships, and also put my trust in the wrong things. I'll know better next time, hopefully. I think my friend Lizzie said it best:
Sutra Baths
"If my minimal life experience has taught me ONE thing, it is this: One should never be upset with oneself for letting people get close enough to hurt them. The blame belongs to the people who hurt you. When your only fault is loving someone the way you want to be loved, you should walk away from that relationship with your head held high. Have pride in your kind heart. It's a rare gift." Lizzie Bennett

Alcatraz


I had a situation last summer very similar to one this summer dealing with relationships. I expected too much out of someone who I really didn't know and ended up getting hurt again in the same way as last year. I will not be making the same mistake again. As my friend Lizzie said. (I'm paraphrasing) "We are good people and assume that everyone will allot the same courtesy to us as we would to them."

I would have to agree with that statement. I expect good, and hold people to the same standards as I hold myself, so I really shouldn't be as disappointed as I was when I leaned that that does not hold true for a lot of people in this world, and that's okay because we're all individuals and value different things. A lesson that I will not soon forget.

Redwood fairy circle


So anyway, My time in Cali has mostly been filled with great times and amazing memories and time spent with amazing people. I'm not going to dwell on the past and stupid mistakes, but look to the future. I have no idea what it holds for me, but I hope California is in it somewhere, as well as Japan! I'm really looking forward to applying for the JET Program to go teach English in Japan for a year. I'm also looking into grad schools and hopefully working out how to get my butt out to CA again, whether permanent or temporary.


As always, I wish you all love, and thanks for reading!

<3 always,
     Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment