Saturday, July 9, 2011

Showing My Nerdiness!



Fruits Basket!
     So, I just last night discovered a new anime on Netflix... well new to me at least.  I'd heard about it before and was told I should watch it, but never got around to it.  Let me tell you, I am in love with it! :)

Who wouldn't love Sailor Moon?! 
     Fruits Basket brings back memories of me watching Sailor Moon as I was growing up, and reminds me of Inuyasha, another one of my favorite anime's.  I started looking for an anime to watch after I wanted to watch Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.  While I was looking for either Hayao Miyazaki movie to watch, for some reason, I REALLY started missing Sailor Moon and wished I could watch that... so I went searching to see if I could find any episodes or movies on Netflix.
Inuyasha
     Unfortunately all Sailor Moon stuff was only available on DVD, not instant watch.  I know what you're thinking, if I loved Sailor Moon that much, why don't I have any movies, well I do; they are all packed away and most of them are recorded VHS tapes.... not suitable for playing on a laptop.

Howl (from Howl's Moving Castle)
     After not being able to watch Sailor Moon, Netflix gave me some similar options to Sailor Moon that I could watch instantly.  I looked through some of them, but hadn't heard of a lot of them, and was reluctant to try anything too new.  When I saw Fruits Basket was an option I remembered hearing about it before so I gave it a shot.  I was hooked within the first 5 minutes!  It satisfied my nostalgia Sailor Moon mood and gave me something new and interesting to watch and add to the list of anime's I've seen.  Bleach is next on the list ;)  Thanks Daniel for the great anime list of things you sent me to watch, I'm slowly but surely working on it!


     I realize that this blog may show just how much of a nerd I can be, and will probably bore and completely go over most of your heads, but I can't help who I am.  One of the messages of Fruits Basket is to always be yourself, and if people for some reason can't accept who you are, then that's their loss.  You, exactly who you are is a blessing to the entire world and we need to be grateful for all kinds of people and personalities.  If we were all the same, nothing new or exciting would ever happen.  And if you don't like the person you are, well start by looking at the qualities you admire in others because most likely you possess those same qualities.  We just don't always see those qualities in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment